All cash donations are welcome to support beneficiaries of/or the projects/programs delivered by Uhambo Foundation. Should you wish to donate to any of our capacity building or training programmes or support the provision of assistive devices or related seating services, please click on the link below.
Day to day finances are handled by an accountant who reconciles accounts on a monthly basis.
All donations and sponsorships will receive a Section 18A Tax Certificate from Uhambo Foundation.
Financials are audited annually.
Uhambo Foundation NPC is a Level 1 B-BBEE which focuses on community outreach and capacity building.
Uhambo Foundation's banking details:
Full name of the Bank: First National Bank
Branch number: 201109
Account number: 62264852974
National Bank Code: FNB
Swift Code: SWIFT:FIRNZAJJ
Full name of Account Holder: Uhambo Foundation
Uhambo welcomes volunteers who wish to donate time, energy or skills to support the activities and programs of Uhambo Foundation.
We do offer internships of varying length of time, during which you will be immersed in the activities of the Foundation and be invited to contribute to projects or research as is appropriate for your background and skill set.
Please enter details below.
- Mobility assistive devices (to reduce waiting lists) including wheelchairs, buggies, appropriate posture support/pressure care wheelchair cushions; positioning devices including side and standing devices, back positioners; specialised back supports for attachment to range of wheelchairs
- Design of new products (e.g. stimulation program for older adolescent)
- Travel sponsorship for reach into more remote areas of SA/beyond the borders
- Community based outreach mobile wheelchair clinic services
- Community based 1-day wheelchair repair services
- Mobile van for wheelchair repair services
- Transport for home/ community visits or for access to wheelchair services
- Vehicle positioners for safe transport of children with mobility impairment
- Wheelchair spare parts for community clinics e.g. bearings, brakes, new covers
- Repair kits for wheelchairs
- Technician Wheelchair repair training for youth with disabilities
- Follow up review visits for wheelchair clients
- Therapist mentoring in 1-day seating clinics
- Buggy training 2 day course: basic seating principles as applied to Shonaquip buggy range
- Skills training for parent/carer/foster parent in care and inclusion of children with disabilities
- Centre assessment (identify need for seating and other services for children with disability)
- Capacity building program for centre
- Community profiling
- Disability awareness or sensitization 1 day training
- Ndinogona stimulation training program x sessions at a cost of R--- per training
- Ndinogona kits : per kit for centre; per kit for parent
- Referral pathways: 2 day training
- Parent champion training
- Student therapist /social worker training sessions
- Equipment or resources for training
- Services expo event to network service providers and raise awareness
- Student scholarships for repair training or internship